Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A not-too-hot chili that even my kids ate. The chorizo gives it the heat and added flavor.
Make and share this SW Style Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (13 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Brown ground beef, adding chorizo towards end of browning. Add chopped onion, minced garlic and spices, sautee 3-4 minutes until onion is tender. Add rest of ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 hour , stirring occasionally. Serve w/ chopped red onion, cheese, sour cream or your favorite chili topper.