Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
A Czech dessert that is longed for, lol. The plums used might have been smaller, and how many plums was a guess; no amount was given.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk, maybe more
- 12 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 plums, pitted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Mix butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk 1/2 at first up to 3/4 cup you need stiff dough.
- Roll dough out on floured board to 3/8 inch thick; cut into 3 inch squares.
- Place a blue plum with a teaspoon sugar and sprinkle of cinnamon on each square.
- Bring the corners to the top and seal all edges.
- Drop in boiling water and boil 10 to 12 minutes. Their plums could have been smaller.
- Remove to a platter.
- Serve with melted butter, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, and surrounded with cottage cheese.