Top Review by Dienia B.
my czech mom in law makes this she says you brown the butter and then add cinnamon brown sugar and cottage cheese im glad that there are other czech recipes than mine since its hard getting the recipes from libbie lol and rudy misses czech food
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour (, all-purpose)
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, , riced
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 12 -15 plums
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream 2 tablespoons butter, beat in eggs and salt.
- Gradually beat in flour and riced potatoes.
- Dough should be stiff to knead thoroughly.
- On floured board roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness, then cut 3-inch squares.
- Lay 1 plum on each square, sprinkle with little cinnamon sugar and fold edges over plum.
- Shape with hands into a ball.
- The wall of dough should be very thin.
- Drop dumplings into boiling salted water, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Brown bread crumbs in 1/3 cup hot butter.
- Roll dumplings in buttered bread crumbs, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.