Member #610488's Note:
Svampsoppa is the Swedish mushroom soup eaten across the country during the cold fall/winter nights. Some like it chunky so they do not strain the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut about 12 slices from some small mushrooms and save for the garnish.
- 2Finely chop the shallots, and saute them in a pat of butter without browning. Chop the rest of the mushrooms into pieces, add them to the onions and pour on the chicken bouillon. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 3Pour everything into a blender. After blending, pour the soup through a strainer and back into a saucepan. Add the cream, and cook for another few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Finely chop the parsley. Fry the saved mushroom slices quickly in a little butter in a hot frying pan.
- 5Pour the soup into warm bowls, place the mushroom slices on top and sprinkle with a little parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Svampsoppa (Swedish Mushroom Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.8
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 34.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 757.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g