Recipe by Member #610488
Svampsoppa is the Swedish mushroom soup eaten across the country during the cold fall/winter nights. Some like it chunky so they do not strain the soup.
- 2 shallots
- 14 ounces porcini mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken bouillon
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 2 ounces butter
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut about 12 slices from some small mushrooms and save for the garnish.
- Finely chop the shallots, and saute them in a pat of butter without browning. Chop the rest of the mushrooms into pieces, add them to the onions and pour on the chicken bouillon. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour everything into a blender. After blending, pour the soup through a strainer and back into a saucepan. Add the cream, and cook for another few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Finely chop the parsley. Fry the saved mushroom slices quickly in a little butter in a hot frying pan.
- Pour the soup into warm bowls, place the mushroom slices on top and sprinkle with a little parsley.