Suzi's Red Lentil, Tomato, and Orange Soup
- Wash lentils and set aside.
- Finely dice onions and carrots, and saute in a large saucepan with the olive oil. Cover and sweat the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, chili, and herbs to the vegetables - toss for 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils to the saucepan.
- Add the tomatoes, orange juice, and stock. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes, and add along with oranges to the soup.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.