Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious macaroni pie. My husband always requests this recipe. I've used a mix of different cheeses for this recipe, so go ahead and use your fav.
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups of scalded milk
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of grated onion
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 3 well-beaten eggs
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook Macaroni according to package directions.
- Place cooked macaroni in a buttered dish (2 1/2 quart). It will rise, so don't be fooled by using a smaller dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients and pour over macaroni.
- I always sprinkle extra cheese on top for a cheesy crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Yummy and comfort food at its' best! I used 1% milk and a package of WW shredded Mexican cheese with wonderful delicious results! My family gobbled this up and no one even suspected that I didn't use the higher cal/higher fat ingredients! A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing!