Recipe by scfl76
This is taken from several different recipes. The measurements are 'flexible' because I don't really measure when I make it. I usually use Bisquick biscuits, they have a good texture for this recipe.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix, prepared
- 3 -4 biscuits
- 3 -4 slices bacon
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped & toasted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare corn muffins as directed. Crumble muffins & biscuits into a large mixing bowl.
- Fry bacon until crisp. When cooled, crumble into muffin mixture.
- In same skillet, brown onion in bacon drippings. Add to muffin mixture.
- Reconstitue dried cherries in 1/2 cup hot chicken broth for 15-20 minutes. Add cherries & liquid to muffin mixture, along with pecans and egg.
- Add chicken broth to muffin mixture until desire consistancy (not too thick, not too runny).
- Pour into greased 9x9 baking pan. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.