Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this recipe when I was hungry for a lighter pasta dish with lots of veggies, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time chopping.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion (coarsely chopped)
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, drained (basil, garlic, oregano)
- 2 1⁄4 ounces sliced olives, drained
- 6 -8 leaves fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan or wok over medium low heat.
- When oil is heated, carefully add garlic and onions to pan and cook until tender.
- Prepare frozen broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix according to package directions, then add to pan.
- Add tomatoes, olives, basil, salt and pepper to pan and cook until all is heated through.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and stir until well blended with vegetables.
- Serve on a plate and top with grated parmesan.
This recipe was made for PAC spring 2010. An excellent pasta dish. I did use fresh broccoli and cauliflower and just steamed them. I had to omit the olives because DH doesn't like them. I will definitely make again. Thanks for a keeper.