Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
NO CORN SYRUP! This was my first attempt at pecan pie and will never use another recipe. My mother has been famous for her pecan pie for decades and this beats out hers! My guests and I all agreed this was the best pecan pie ever and it was very easy! My picky non-pie eating sweetie had seconds and could not stop raving (which he never does!). This was the biggest hit of my entire Thanksgiving dinner. No one touched the pumpkin pie! This uses Brown Rice Syrup which is more healthful, less sweet and tastes like caramel. It is OUTSTANDING in pies and can be bought at a natural foods store. The key to really delicious pecan pie that sets well is to grind the walnuts!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a saucepan, combine syrups, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. While stirring, bring to a boil so the butter and sugar dissolve. Remove from heat and add cream and brandy. Set aside.
- While mixture is cooling, grind pecans in a food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with an electric hand mixer or fork.
- Add pecans and syrup mixture to the eggs and stir well with a fork.
- Pour into frozen, unbaked pie shell and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, brush the top of the pie and the crust with heavy cream.
- Cool completely! Serve with fresh whipped cream if desired.
- This can be made a day or 2 in advance and keeps very well covered in foil.
This was AMAZING!!! Much better than any other recipe we ever used. You can't tell the ingredients aren't "traditional." My mom made a homemade whole wheat pie crust. I try to stay away from processed sugars and my dad recently had heart troubles and can't have butter, cream or egg yolk. I hate when people do this in a review, but I subbed a little less agave nectar for the brown sugar, 4 egg whites for the eggs, less rice milk for the cream (because of the liquid the agave already added), and canola oil for the butter. We used brandy instead of sherry since that is what we are use to. Had to cook it a little longer before it puffed up (which means it is done) but I also had potatoes, candied yams and a pumpkin pie in the oven. This is by far much better than the unhealthy pecan pie I adored my whole life. The family went nuts over it. My dad couldn't believe it followed his diet without breaking any rules :) Definitely worth replacing any other pecan pie recipe, nothing will compare to this!
My Boyfriend doesn't like "GMO" corn syrup in his pie, but we did have some organic rice syrup and brandy, I followed the recipe exact! This is by far the best pecan pie yet. I loved it so much, thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe Suzy Q and I plan to make many more, my boyfriends favorite! 100 Stars!