Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light and delicious salad to begin your meal with. Our friend Suzanne made it for us soon after the birth of our daughter and it's been a favorite since!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 1 cup mixed salad green
- vinaigrette dressing, of your choice
- Peel and pit the avocado.
- Slice lengthwise.
- Peel and section the grapefruit.
- Place the salad greens on 2 salad plates.
- Arrange grapefruit and avocado in an alternating band on top of the salad greens.
- Top with vinaigrette.
Delicious! I made this with a honey, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and s & p dressing. What a great combination of flavour! Thanks Barb
I really didn't care for the combination. I used a raspberry vinegar dressing with this and it just didn't blend right for me. Thanks for posting! :)
Nom nom! The creaminess of the avocado and the sharpness of the citrus. I've done variations: added mandarin orange sections, finely chopped red onion, poppy seeds across the top. Served on romaine for crunch or spinach for a thicker texture. Wow!~