Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got allot of these, I bought tons of recipe boxes from an auction recently, they are all on hand written index cards. NOTE: none of these have time or servings on them so I am guesstimating those.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups dill pickles, julienned
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Trim the tenderloin, then cut across the width into 1 inch slices.
- Slightly flatten the slices by pressing with the palm of your hand. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat, add butter and melt. Saute mushrooms with salt and pepper until golden brown.
- Add the pickles and juice and cook until the juice evaporates slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook until reduced by half.
- season the meat with a little salt and pepper.
- In another larger skillet add the oil, and heat on high until it starts smoking ( Be careful with this step ). Sear the meat briefly, 2 minutes per side for medium rare.