Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sounds different but I didn't try it yet. I don't want to lose it. You can use ground beef and beef broth if you prefer.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the broth.
- Form meat into a loaf and place in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Pour the broth over the top of the loaf and bake for 1 hour, basting periodically.
- When finished, cut into slices and spoon the juices from the bottom of the pan over the meat.
This is very easy, but delicious! It is extremely flavorful - everyone in my family loves it!
Easy to make, great tasting and lo-cal. My whole family enjoys it. You can play with the flavor by adding some herbs (thyme, rosemary, or sage), a dollop of spicy mustard (Dijon or stone ground) and basting with white wine and apple cider (in addition to the chicken broth)