Recipe by Oolala
Green Beans with a garlic vinaigrette. Can serve this hot or cold and the vinaigrette can be used over other vegetables or as a salad dressing. I find that if you make the vinaigrette in advance, it allows the flavors to blend and infuse the oil. I have added Parmesan cheese, Emeril's Essence spice mix and even some splenda and honey. My kids loved it. You could use the dressing as a base and just add ingredients to taste (Dijon and Worcestershire work well too).
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
for the vinaigrette
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the beans until tender and still slightly crunchy; don't overcook.
- Set the beans aside while you make the vinaigrette.
- Mix the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In a slow stream, whisk in the olive oil until combined.
- Toss beans with vinaigrette and serve.