Green Beans with a garlic vinaigrette. Can serve this hot or cold and the vinaigrette can be used over other vegetables or as a salad dressing. I find that if you make the vinaigrette in advance, it allows the flavors to blend and infuse the oil. I have added Parmesan cheese, Emeril's Essence spice mix and even some splenda and honey. My kids loved it. You could use the dressing as a base and just add ingredients to taste (Dijon and Worcestershire work well too).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
for the vinaigrette
- 1Steam the beans until tender and still slightly crunchy; don't overcook.
- 2Set the beans aside while you make the vinaigrette.
- 3Mix the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 4In a slow stream, whisk in the olive oil until combined.
- 5Toss beans with vinaigrette and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Suzanne Somers' Green Beans and Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g