Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The African Cookbook.
Make and share this Suya (Nigerian Chicken Skewers) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Slice the chicken into thin pieces. Sprinkle with the seasoning mix, and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and brush with the oil.
- Grill or broil for 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Note: if using wooden skewers, soak them for at least half an hour before using to avoid burning!
I made this for Zaar Stars and I loved it. Nice and spicy, and very quick to put together. I did cut the cayenne to about 2 teaspoons and it still had a nice zing.
Great spicy chicken! I made just as directed and grilled over charcoal. I liked the peanuts on this and wished I had made a peanut dipping sauce to go with (next time!). Thanks for sharing your recipe!
These were very good. I'm not sure if 2 T. of cayenne powder is correct.? It seemed like way too much, and I do like spicy. I cut it down to 1 t. and it was plenty to make the chicken spicy. I enjoyed that this was a simple grilling recipe. Thank you. Made for ZWT7 for the Golden Gourmets.