Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another of my old recipes clipped from the Star-Telegram food section.
- 4 ears fresh corn or 2 cups canned whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh okra, cut into 1 inch pieces or 1⁄2 lb frozen okra
- 2 cups ham, cooked & diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, broken up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- Remove husks and silk from corn, cut off kernels to make 2 cups (or use canned corn). Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add onions and saute 2 minutes.
- Add okra, saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved corn along with ham, tomatoes, salt, oregano, and black pepper.
- Cook and stir uncovered about 4 minutes or until okra is crisp-tender.