1/1 Photo of Sussex Style Steak With Mushrooms for the Crock Pot!
4 hrs 10 mins
Shannon 24's Note:
I found this recipe in a cookbook I took out from the Library (have forgotten title). It looks really good. The author suggests if you have a large crock pot, to keep the steak in one piece, but if your crock pot is smaller, cut the steak in half. Haven't tried yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 small red onions, thinly sliced or 8 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup port wine or 1/4 cup dark beer or 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 portabella mushrooms (may add more)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1Season the meat with salt and pepper and rub each side with flour. Place in bottom of slow cooker. Lay onions over top and pour in beef broth and port.
- 2Brush mushrooms with olive oil and lay evenly over meat. Sprinkle with vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- 3When ready to serve, transfer steak with mushrooms to a deep platter. Stir in goat cheese, if using and pour gravy over meat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sussex Style Steak With Mushrooms for the Crock Pot!
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 34.2 g