Recipe by WiGal
A very rich and sweet Peruvian dessert that I found at allrecipes.com. It might be better to make it the day before so that it sets up more. The time does not include the chilling time.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Place over medium-low heat and gently cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Pour into a heatproof serving dish or individual dishes; set aside.
- Whip the egg whites with confectioners' sugar to stiff peaks.
- Spread meringue on top of milk mixture.
- Refrigerate until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
- Garnish with raspberries.