Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very rich and sweet Peruvian dessert that I found at allrecipes.com. It might be better to make it the day before so that it sets up more. The time does not include the chilling time.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Place over medium-low heat and gently cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Pour into a heatproof serving dish or individual dishes; set aside.
- Whip the egg whites with confectioners' sugar to stiff peaks.
- Spread meringue on top of milk mixture.
- Refrigerate until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
- Garnish with raspberries.