Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Use leftover salmon or canned, either way, this is a delicious chowder. Corn,potatoes & carrots give this a delightful flavor. It goes together in a snap and can be made in one pot, so clean up is easy. This recipe was given to me by a dear friend.
- 1 cup salmon (fresh or cooked or flaked or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (chopped-optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup red potatoes (diced with skins on)
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk (cream can be substitued)
- Saute celery, onion, pepper and garlic in butter until onion is translucent.
- Add potatoes,carrots,broth & seasonings, simmer for 20 minute.
- Add corn,salmon & evaporated milk.
- Heat thoroughly ( do not boil) and serve.
Delicious! I omitted the bell pepper and dill weed and used canned salmon and heavy cream. Will definitely have again as I like to serve canned salmon regularly. Thanks for posting.
Good chowder! Warming and filling. I used the optional green peppers, leftover fresh salmon I cooked the night before, omitted the salt and used olive oil instead of butter. Thanks for sharing!