Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, Cool Whip and pureed strawberries - that's it. Of all the from-scratch, healthy, gourmet appetizers I made for the family holiday, this is the one they finished and wanted the recipe for. Go figure. It is fluffy and gooey good. Prep time doesn't include the fruit.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup pureed strawberry (fresh or frozen)
- Cream butter and softened cream cheese.
- Add 2 cups confectioners' sugar and blend thoroughly.
- Fold in Cool Whip and pureed strawberries.
- If using frozen strawberries (I never have) you may want to drain a bit of juice off and add it to the dip separately, a bit at a time so the dip doesn't get too thin.
- Serve in a pretty bowl with a platter of your favorites: grapes, strawberries, kiwi, Satsuma oranges, Fuji apples (soaked in orange juice), fresh pineapple- you get the idea.
Wonderful- I've made it twice and had many compliments.