Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick and easy meal that I love. The crab is steamed while the rice is cooking.
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Boil 2 cups water in a medium sized pot; reduce heat.
- Add rice, butter, and salt and simmer over low heat in a covered pan.
- After the rice simmers for about 5 minutes, place the crab on top of the rice. The water will partially cover the crab.
- Cover and continue simmering for the remaining 10 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Cook the peas as directed on package in a separate pot.
- Serve with butter, salt and coarse ground pepper.