Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are two other very similar recipes posted but I wanted to share my sister's presentation. Even klutz's can do this and it makes it special. I love the simple ingredients and pure cheese flavor. Or use your favorite cheese ball and borrow the presentation.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 -4 ounces crumbly blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion, you pick the type of onion
- 1 package whole almond
- Mix all ingredients except almonds and form to shape of a pine cone on serving tray.
- (Imagine a pine cone hanging from a branch. Now mentally slice that pine cone in half lengthwise and lay it on your serving tray. That's the shape you want to make.) Starting at the"bottom" of the pine cone lay almonds down flat on cream cheese with narrow end at bottom and wider, rounded end at top.
- Continue with more rows of almonds across the pinecone, slightly overlapping each row on the previous row.
- Remember that branch the pine cone was hanging from?
- Place your piece of evergreen like that.
- Obviously, don't use something poisonous or you can use a piece of silk (artificial) evergreen.
- They make some very attractive ones now.
- Or skip all that, form it into a ball and roll it in chopped pecans.
- Serve at room temperature.
I basically love anything with almonds, and anything with blue cheese. Istead of doing the pine-cone thing (which sounds wonderful- will do again for the holidays) I chopped up 1/2 cup of almonds, and mixed them in with everything else. We ate it with celery and pita triangles. Onion? Plain old red one, but minced very fine.