There are two other very similar recipes posted but I wanted to share my sister's presentation. Even klutz's can do this and it makes it special. I love the simple ingredients and pure cheese flavor. Or use your favorite cheese ball and borrow the presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients except almonds and form to shape of a pine cone on serving tray.
- 2(Imagine a pine cone hanging from a branch. Now mentally slice that pine cone in half lengthwise and lay it on your serving tray. That's the shape you want to make.) Starting at the"bottom" of the pine cone lay almonds down flat on cream cheese with narrow end at bottom and wider, rounded end at top.
- 3Continue with more rows of almonds across the pinecone, slightly overlapping each row on the previous row.
- 4Remember that branch the pine cone was hanging from?
- 5Place your piece of evergreen like that.
- 6Obviously, don't use something poisonous or you can use a piece of silk (artificial) evergreen.
- 7They make some very attractive ones now.
- 8Or skip all that, form it into a ball and roll it in chopped pecans.
- 9Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Susie's Bleu Cheese Ball with a Holiday Presentation
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1900.0
- Calories from Fat 1643
- Total Fat 182.6 g
- Saturated Fat 115.5 g
- Cholesterol 562.7 mg
- Sodium 2530.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 52.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: