Recipe by Mirj
Every year, on Israel's Independence Day, we all go off and have a barbeque in a public park together with friends and family. Every year, without fail, my Sushiman makes his Sick Salad. Sushiman is British, so sick means barf. And it really does look like barf. People rave about it, although I wouldn't know, I really can't bring myself to eat it, although that one time I did taste it (with my eyes closed), it was actually pretty tasty! At the request of a few brave souls in the Jewish forum, here it is, in all it's glorious, barfy splendor!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
It does look messy, but many of my favourite Iranian dishes do, and they taste wonderful. So I knew I had to do this one for my husband's birthday party, and it was a huge hit! Thanks to you and your Sushiman for sharing it!
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil, for sauteing
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste