Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A novel way to serve tea sandwiches or to put in your kids' lunches. These two different sandwiches are sure to make a talking point!
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 10 ounces creamed corn
- 4 slices smoked ham (large thin slices)
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, cut into long strips
- 7 ounces canned salmon, in oil, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 iceberg lettuce, washed, dried, finely shredded
- 1 small avocado, cut into long strips
- Place bread onto a flat surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten bread slightly. Spread corn over 4 slices, leaving a 1in strip free of filling along one edge. Top with ham, carrot and cucumber. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Place salmon and mayonnaise into a bowl. Mix gently to combine. Arrange lettuce over remaining 4 slices of bread, leaving a 1in strip free of filling along one edge. Top with salmon mixture and avocado. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Wrap all sandwiches in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge until ready to serve or pack into lunch boxes.