1/1 Photo of Sushi-Style Roll-Ups
4 hrs 35 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account in February 2005. When I finally had time to try it, I made a few changes to the recipe. I wasn't successful in forming the rice "log" around the veggies as described in the original instructions, and instead just spread the rice over the cream cheese layer and added strips of cucumber and red pepper as I rolled it up. It wasn't exactly sushi form, but it was still pretty and very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl, combine cooked rice and vinegar, mix well.
- 2Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes or until cold.
- 3In small bowl, combine cream cheese and wasabi paste, mix well.
- 4Place each tortilla on 12-inch square of plastic wrap.
- 5Spread about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each tortilla, spreading to edges.
- 6Spoon about 1/3 cup cold rice mixture across center of each tortilla, press firmly into strip about 2-inches wide.
- 7Quarter cucumber lengthwise.
- 8Reserve 3 sections for another use.
- 9Remove seeds from cucumber quarter, cut into 3 thin lengthwise strips.
- 10Press 1 strip into center of each rice strip.
- 11Cut pepper into thin strips.
- 12Place next to cucumber to form long red stripe.
- 13On each tortilla, mound another 1/3 cup rice mixture over cucumber and pepper.
- 14With wet hands, form rice into firm rolls, completely covering cucumber and pepper.
- 15Beginning at bottom edge, roll each tortilla firmly around rice.
- 16Wrap each roll securely in plastic wrap.
- 17Refrigerate 4 hours or until well chilled.
- 18To serve, trim uneven ends, cut each roll into eight 3/4-inch-thick slices.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sushi-Style Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1281.5
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 933.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 229.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar