Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
GREAT SIDE DISH FOR SUSHI LOVERS! low fat, low calorie salad that goes with anything. try it out you will be bound to fall in love with it.
- Cook rice let cool for 5 minutes.
- While rice is cooking cut all 3 peppers into medium square pieces (about the size of your pinky finger nail).
- Cut cucumber into slices (not peeled) then cut each slice into fours.
- Grate carrot.
- Add rice vinegar to the rice and mix up.
- Add all vegetables to rice and mix up.
- Take soy sauce and put it in a closed lid container with wasabi and shake until all wasabi has dissolved into soy sauce.
- Mix soy/wasabi sauce into rice.
- Crunch up sushi seaweed paper onto the top of salad.
- Put imitation crab on salad as desired.
- Also eat with pickled ginger on the side if you would like.
- It's also good if you put some steamed sliced white mushrooms into the salad as well, but it's awesome without as well.
- For Vegetarian option, do not use the crabmeat option.
This sounded interesting so I decided we needed to try it! I have made rolled sushi before and it was really good, but alot of work.....this just like regular sushi with LOTS less work. I did make one change though. I only used half the amount of soy sauce because 1/2 cup seemed like alot of liquid for 2 cups of cooked rice. It was plenty. I did use the suggested amount of wasabi though. I used jasmine rice also and it was really good! I topped with fresh avocado and pink salad shrimp. Delicious! Thanks for sharing! I will be making again.....very soon I'm sure!
I found this salad delightful. I love sushi and it tasted just like it...and it is much easier than all that rolling...even though the sushi rice is kind of a pain because of temperature changes. I also used real crab meat and added shrimp as well! I will definitely make it again!!! Thanks Tyler!
I will not rate because I changed the veggies in this recipe thinking I would use the items in a California roll. I used avocado, cucumber, sesame seeds, shrimp, and toasted seaweed. I used kitchen shears to cut into 1 inch rows then cut in smaller pieces. I will make a suggestion, probably making the sushi rice as per a different recipe would probably help cause it usually has sugar in the rice wine vinegar. My kids loved the changes I made, I didn't, something seemed a little off.