Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This wonderful dish may not be quite authentic with the addition of Old Bay Seasoning but it is delicious and super-easy to make. I have made it with both tuna and salmon which has not made any difference to the flavour.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Really yummy! I think it's crucial to use fresh tuna (as written) in this salad. You just won't get the same result with canned/pouched tuna. I seared my tuna on both sides, leaving the middle very rare before slicing. The dressing went perfectly with this. Next time I will add some avocado slices. Thanx for sharing!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh tuna, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup English cucumber, julienned
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 4 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds