- 3 cups japanese-style cooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- roasted nori
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Mix vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Cut vinegar mixture into cooked rice until well combined.
- To roll sushi you can use a bamboo sushi mat, or just use a clean towel instead, or you can even forgo the roller and just carefully roll using your hands.
- Place nori sheet on roller and spread a thin layer of the sushi rice over the nori.
- Place your filling in a center line on the nori sheet.
- Begin rolling by carefully folding over the top edge and starting the roll.
- Continue to roll, keeping the roll as tight as possible.
- Take a sharp knife and slice the roll into 1- 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Some Possible Sushi Filling Combos----------.
- Once you have your layer of rice on the nori sheet, try some of these ingredient combos.
- Mix and match to suit your taste.
- Things like thinly sliced cucumber or carrots and radish sprouts are good general ingredients to add to all kinds of rolls.
- Spicy Tuna Roll-- Sushi grade raw tuna, minced and mixed with a small amounts of mayonnaise, oriental style hot sauce and sesame oil and served with radish sprouts.
- California Roll-- Imitation crab meat, mayonnaise and avocado.
- Salmon& Asparagus (one of my personal creations)-- Leftover cooked salmon (grilled tastes best) with an blanched asparagus spear and a small amount of mayonnaise mixed with oriental hot sauce.
- Veggie-- Thinly julienned strips of cucumber, carrot and zucchini with avocado slices and sprouts.