This recipe was printed in Cuisine at Home, February 2007. This is better served warm at room temperature.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 4 cups cooked white rice, hot
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced into half-moons
- 3⁄4 cup edamame, shelled, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, blend together the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the rice, carrot, cucumber, edamame, scallions and vinegar mixture together.
- Season with salt to suit taste and garnish with sesame seeds.