This recipe was printed in Cuisine at Home, February 2007. This is better served warm at room temperature.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 4 cups cooked white rice, hot
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced into half-moons
- 3⁄4 cup edamame, shelled, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, blend together the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the rice, carrot, cucumber, edamame, scallions and vinegar mixture together.
- Season with salt to suit taste and garnish with sesame seeds.
i really liked this rice. i used sushi rice instead of regular white rice, which gave it a little more of a sticky, sushi-like texture. a nice change from boring plain rice - i'll definitely make this again. thanks for posting!
Wonderful!!!!! Anyone who likes Sushi will love this salad. There are lots of other goodies you can add also, like little bits of cabbage,beansprouts,shrimp etc. Sincerely, Becky
This is a great recipe for your lunchbox. It's filling and tasty. I used strong Dijon mustard instead of wasabi. It worked well too.