Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pile it high and eat the whole delicious bowl. From "Appetite for Reduction: by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
Sushi Roll Edamame Salad
- 3⁄4 cup dry brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped (or torn)
- 1 small cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium size carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds (could use mixed white and black)
- 2 sheets nori, chiffonaded
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 recipe green onion-miso vinaigrette (recipe below)
Green Onion-Miso Vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup red miso
- 1⁄2-1 cup roughly chopped green onion (start with 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Cook the brown rice in a rice cooker or on the stove top. Allow it to cool.
- Mix together the edamame, rice vinegar, and agave.
- Set out 4 bowls as the ingredients will be evenly divided among them. Place the lettuce in a bowl, topped with the rice, cucumber, carrot, green onion, sesame seeds, nori and avocado. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss.
- To Make the Green Onion-Miso Vinaigrette: Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Chill until ready for use.