Recipe by Roosie
Sushi from the store can be quite expensive...sushi's quite good for you, very easy to make and extremely tasty! Here's a recipe for sushi rice so that you can get rolling!
- 2 cups short-grain rice or 2 cups sushi rice (NOT long-grained!!!!)
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons sushi vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Pour in rice and boil for one minute, uncovered.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Put into large non-metal bowl and cut in sushi vinegar with a wooden spatula.
- Let the rice cool further- one method is to spread the rice out on aluminum foil on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Use to roll your sushi!
- **SushiVinegar** Put vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir until dissolved and remove from heat.