Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My sushi rice I use for my Sushi Rolls.
- 3 cups short-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (can use regular sugar if like)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Before cooking the rice, rinse several times in running water until the water runs clear.
- Drain in a colander for about 1 hour.
- Cook on the stovetop or in an electric rice cooker according to the package directions.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine vinegar, sugar, & salt.
- Stir gently to dissolve salt & sugar.
- Cool to room temperature.
- While the rice is still warm, transfer to a large non-reactive bowl.
- Gradually drizzle the vinegar mixture over the rice, fanning the rice as you go.
- Use a rice paddle to miz gently without mashing the grains.
- Keep the rice covered with a damp cloth at room temperature until ready to make sushi. Do not refrigerate.