Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
taken from about.com
Make and share this Sushi Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups Japanese-style rice
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash rice well and cook in the rice cooker.
- Put vinegar, sugar, and salt in a pan on low heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool the vinegar mixture.
- Sprinkle the vinegar mixture over the rice and fold the rice gently.
- To cool and remove the moisture, use a fan as you mix.
This was easy to make. Used this when I made sushi roll. Love it! Then I made it again when I wanted more sushi! :D Thanks! Made for Photo Forum's March Cooking with an Asian Accent.
I make this recipe from About.com too. It makes fantastic sushi!