Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
It is a simple to make sushi rice, that i've worked over months, trying to perfect it.
- 3⁄4 cup sushi rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Let the rice in a bowl with water for 12 hours.
- Then rinse the rice 3-5 times.
- Cover the base of the Pot's lid with alumium foil.
- Drain the rice.
- Uncovered put the water to boil.
- When the water is ready add the rice and cover, turn the heat to low.
- Now on a separate bowl add the sugar, salt, vinegar and Lemon juice; stir until a clear mixture is formed.
- Remember to stir the rice every once in a while.
- When the rice has absorved all the water, add the mixture, and stir.
- After 5-6 minutes turn-off the heat, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Let the rice cool down.
This rice is ok, but not my favorite. The lemon juice gives an unusual flavor that isn't in sushi rice. Also, it really isn't necessary to soak the rice for 12 hours. Sorry, this really just didn't work well for me. Made for 2009 Spring PAC