Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was done on Regis & Kathie Lee's show from the Japan Pavilion; this is super easy, no mirin needed.
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until combined.
- Cool to room temperature.
- I advise starting with just a teaspoon of salt and adding as needed as it depends on the vinegar that you have etc. that will determine how salty this rice will be. I have found playing around by adding bit by bit of the vinegar and sugar will give you the taste you're looking for.
This recipe is soooo wrong!
THIS RECIPE IS INCORRECT you must use short grain rice. Long grain rice (as suggested here) will result in a non-sticky rice... which, obviously, will not work for sushi
You are Supposed to use short-grain rice.