Given to me by my aunts Japanese sister-in-law. A simple recipe with chicken or just vegetables for the vegetarians.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken in a glass/plastic bowl with 2 tbsp of the soy sauce and leave to marinade.
- 2Wash the rice with 2-3 changes of water to remove excess starch - then drain well.
- 3Place rice in a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil with a lid on. Turn heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and sit for 10 mintes. Turn rice into a non metal bowl and fluff gently with a spatula.
- 5Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a microwave safe jug and heat on high for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds.
- 6Pour over warm rice and gently turn a few times - set aside for rice to cool (refrigerate if in a hot climate).
- 7In a frypan heat oil and cook chicken breasts through. Cut into slices and set aside.
- 8Lay a nori sheet shiny side down and place rice on sheet and spread to 1cm (0.4in) thick, leaving a edge for rolling up.
- 9In the centre place a row of chicken and then a row of cucumber. Brush with a tiny amount of wasabi.
- 10Roll sheet from the bottom up and squeeze gently. Wrap in clingfilm and refridgerate until needed.
- 11Cut slices to desired thickness and serve with soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sushi Nori-Make
Serving Size: 1 (2179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 200.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar