Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This ginger is normally used to cleanse the palate between different types of sushi so you get the full flavor of each piece of sushi.
- Add sliced ginger to a ziplock bag and add salt.
- Shake well to coat ginger.
- Place bag in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove ginger from bag and place in a jar with tight fitting lid.
- Add vinegar, water and honey to a small pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stir frequently.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour into jar with ginger.
- Close jar and store in refrigerator for 3-5 days.