Recipe by Lille
An easy, fun way to make sushi at parties. Set up the rice, nori sheets and a selection of prepared ingredients for roll-your-own sushi hand rolls. Adapted from Sushi: Easy Recipes for Making Sushi at Home by Emi Kazuko, Fiona Smith and Elsa Petersen-Schepelern, a great little reference book with beautiful photos.
- 4 sheets nori
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice, seasoned with sushi vinegar seasoning (see #315511 Easy Sushi Rice)
- 125 g smoked salmon
- 4 green onions (or several chives)
- 50 g enoki mushrooms
- 1 small cucumber
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the smoked salmon into narrow strips.
- Slice green onions lengthwise into 3-4" long strips, or cut chives into 3-4" lengths.
- Slice cucumber into thin 3-4" long pieces.
- Cut nori sheets in half crosswise.
- Hold one piece of nori seaweed in one hand and place 2-3 tablespoons of seasoned rice at one end (the right end if you are holding it in your left hand). Spread the rice over half of the nori sheet.
- Arrange fillings diagonally over the rice from the outside corner (upper right) towards the centre.
- Fold the bottom right corner towards the middle to form a cone. Continue to roll until the cone is complete. Repeat to make 8 cones.
- Serve with soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi.