1/1 Photo of Sushi Cones - Temaki
An easy, fun way to make sushi at parties. Set up the rice, nori sheets and a selection of prepared ingredients for roll-your-own sushi hand rolls. Adapted from Sushi: Easy Recipes for Making Sushi at Home by Emi Kazuko, Fiona Smith and Elsa Petersen-Schepelern, a great little reference book with beautiful photos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the smoked salmon into narrow strips.
- 2Slice green onions lengthwise into 3-4" long strips, or cut chives into 3-4" lengths.
- 3Slice cucumber into thin 3-4" long pieces.
- 4Cut nori sheets in half crosswise.
- 5Hold one piece of nori seaweed in one hand and place 2-3 tablespoons of seasoned rice at one end (the right end if you are holding it in your left hand). Spread the rice over half of the nori sheet.
- 6Arrange fillings diagonally over the rice from the outside corner (upper right) towards the centre.
- 7Fold the bottom right corner towards the middle to form a cone. Continue to roll until the cone is complete. Repeat to make 8 cones.
- 8Serve with soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sushi Cones - Temaki
Serving Size: 1 (1458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 127.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g