Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is simple, but delicious! My mom made this for us when we were kids, and now I make it for my kids. Perfect for an asian-themed dinner. I serve it with pineapple, chow mein noodles, and broccoli. My kids LOVE to eat it with chopsticks!
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 green pepper, julienne
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- Mix 1 Tbl. oil, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoons corn starch in bowl. Stir in chicken (cut in 1 inch pieces). Cover and refrigerate 30 minute.
- Mix chicken broth, ginger, 3 teaspoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat 1-2 Tbl. oil in skillet. Stir-fry chicken and dried red pepper. Remove chicken.
- Stir-fry onion, green pepper, and garlic until onion is clear. Add chicken and broth mixture. Cook until thickened. Stir in walnuts and water chestnuts.
- Serve over white rice.