Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthier and cheaper version of "lotsabuck's" new breakfast drink sensation.
- 1 small banana
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk or 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 scoop whey protein powder or 1 scoop soy protein powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 10 drops liquid stevia (chocolate) or 1 (1 g) packet Sweet 'n Low
- 1 cup ice
- Blend all in blender. Some like to add a shot of espresso. I plan to try this soon w/ strong decaf frozen in ice cube trays, substituting for some of the ice.
Will admit that I juggled the ingredients a bit, but still got A GREAT TASTING SMOOTHIE! I used a large frozen banana, went with the Sweet 'n Low & the whey protein powder, then left out the ice! What can I say, but that I was totally satisfied! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
This is darn close, if not exactly what they sell at that coffee place! I did two things wrong. First, I forgot to use the ice cubes, but my banana was frozen. Second, I got a little heavy handed with the stevia. Next time, I will use soy milk and definitely use the strong decaf in ice cube trays. Thanks so much, I like my girls to have a good protein shot first thing in the morning and they will love this! KCShell
Very comparable, thank you! I just substituted the Sweet n Low with a packet of Stevia. Now, being new to the Stevia world, it turned out a little on the sweet side, (definitely sweeter than its expensive twin), but I am not a fan of Sweet n Low and I didn't have the extract. So that may take a little experimentation, but overall, a delicious smoothie!