Recipe by RedVinoGirl
I have never shared this recipe with anyone since it was always my signature dish! My family has made this forever and I guarantee you won't find a better barbecue rib dish ANYWHERE!! This is spicy and sweet and creates melt-in-your-mouth delicious BBQ ribs. It can be made completely in the oven or you can do a combo of cooking on the oven/stovetop and finishing it off on the grill for the perfect char look and taste. We do the oven/stovetop/grill method and it's pure heaven!!!!! If you make this in the oven the entire time, the meat will just fall off the bones. I will never eat ribs anyplace else because this recipe has ruined me from every enjoying them at any restaurant. I hope you love them too!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I wish there was a 10 star option for this rib recipe, I'm giving it 5 plus 2! to save some time I baked the ribs a day ahead, poured the sauce over then refrigerated it until I baked it which was today, as Lauralie stated these are fall-off-the-bone tender in a fantastic sauce, I will serving this with coleslaw and fries for an early dinner tonight, thank you with an awesome rib recipe Sue, this was made for KK's Pink event
- 4 lbs baby back ribs (no subs, ribs are only as good as the quality of meat you buy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (divided)
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- OVEN METHOD.
- Place ribs in a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/2 cup of water. Cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients in saucepan and heat thoroughly.
- Pour over ribs and bake another 1.5 hours, covered.
- GRILL METHOD.
- Place ribs in a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/2 cup of water. Cover and bake in the oven for 1.5 hours. Drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients in saucepan and simmer while ribs are in oven.
- Pour sauce over the ribs and baste ever piece of meat.
- Grill until completely cooked through and slightly charred (around 30 minutes). Baste throughout cooking process.
- Use excess sauce to pour over ribs to serve.