Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have never shared this recipe with anyone since it was always my signature dish! My family has made this forever and I guarantee you won't find a better barbecue rib dish ANYWHERE!! This is spicy and sweet and creates melt-in-your-mouth delicious BBQ ribs. It can be made completely in the oven or you can do a combo of cooking on the oven/stovetop and finishing it off on the grill for the perfect char look and taste. We do the oven/stovetop/grill method and it's pure heaven!!!!! If you make this in the oven the entire time, the meat will just fall off the bones. I will never eat ribs anyplace else because this recipe has ruined me from every enjoying them at any restaurant. I hope you love them too!
- 4 lbs baby back ribs (no subs, ribs are only as good as the quality of meat you buy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (divided)
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- OVEN METHOD.
- Place ribs in a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/2 cup of water. Cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients in saucepan and heat thoroughly.
- Pour over ribs and bake another 1.5 hours, covered.
- GRILL METHOD.
- Place ribs in a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/2 cup of water. Cover and bake in the oven for 1.5 hours. Drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients in saucepan and simmer while ribs are in oven.
- Pour sauce over the ribs and baste ever piece of meat.
- Grill until completely cooked through and slightly charred (around 30 minutes). Baste throughout cooking process.
- Use excess sauce to pour over ribs to serve.
I wish there was a 10 star option for this rib recipe, I'm giving it 5 plus 2! to save some time I baked the ribs a day ahead, poured the sauce over then refrigerated it until I baked it which was today, as Lauralie stated these are fall-off-the-bone tender in a fantastic sauce, I will serving this with coleslaw and fries for an early dinner tonight, thank you with an awesome rib recipe Sue, this was made for KK's Pink event
I had some babybacks in the freezer that I wanted to use up so I decided on making these ribs. The sauce is excellent and the ribs were fall off the bone tender. I do indeed think these are as good as the best ribs I have had in the past. Thank you for sharing your secret recipe with us.
My DH made these ribs and they were awesome. We had country style ribs in the freezer so we used those and loved them. We dont do hot/spicy well so only used about 8 drops of tabasco sauce. The ribs were tender and starting to fall off the bones and the sauce was great. DH baked the ribs and cooked the sauce until boiling. Will try them on the grill too! Thank you ChicagoRN for sharing your recipe with us.