Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My s-i-l makes the best tacos. She makes her own seasoning, never buys it in a store bought mix. She always did it by sight but she took the time to figure out the measurements so others can enjoy it too.
To every pound of hamburger meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon comino (look for comino)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon onion powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown meat and drain.
- Combine spices and add to meat.
- Add water.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until water pretty much absorbs.
- Fill taco shells and enjoy.
This turned out wonderful! I needed taco mix to go with another recipe I was making from here and I used this one. This was so good that I intend never to buy taco mix again! Thanks for a great recipe!