Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very filling and delicious stuffed mushrooms.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh large mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Remove stems from mushrooms and dice stems; set aside.
- In large skillet brown sausage. With slotted spoon remove meat and drain on paper towel. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of meat drippings.
- In hot drippings over medium heat cook diced stems until tender, about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Remove skillet from heat and add sausage, cheese and bread crumbs and stir until well blended (will be thick).
- Allow mixture to cool enough to be handled and fill mushroom caps being careful not to break the mushroom cap.
- Place in ungreased baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Note: You may add any additional seasoning to meat you like!
- I add this mixture to my meat:.
- 1tsp onion powder.
- 1 tsp season salt.
- 2 tbsp of chopped garlic (or 1 tbsp of garlic powder).
- Dash or 2 of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- And I top each cap with a dab of cheese.
- You can make ahead and keep in fridge until ready to cook.