Recipe by Rinder
I usually double the recipe, so I use a lb. of both the ground beef & the Italian Sausage because we really like both of them together. I can't get Dave's Wing Sauce where I live now so you could probably use any wing sauce, I myself use Bull's Eye original barbeque sauce and we like that. Prep. time is approx.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb spicy hot Italian sausage or 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 green pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 8 -10 mushrooms
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup dave's famous chicken wing sauce (hot or mild)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausages and drain well on paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Dice or chop green pepper,celery,mushrooms& onions.
- Saute with minced garlic in 2 tbsps.
- oil until soft.
- In large pot (Dutch Oven) combine the remaining.
- ingredients, add saute vegetables& meat.
- Simmer for 3-4 hours stirring often.