Recipe by Oolala
My law school friend's family was originally from South Africa and this was one of their recipes.
- 3 medium onions, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet red wine
- 1 lb steak, cut into slices, well pounded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions in the oil until light brown over medium heat.
- Add the sauces, wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season meat with salt and pepper and place in the saute pan with the other ingredients and saute on both sides.
- Once meat is cooked, serve at once.