Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sophisticated & elegant is how Susan Branch describes this in her "Summer" book. I would add "divine" and leave it at that! Since I have a huge raspberry patch, I'm always on the look-out for useful ways to put them to work! This is my take-off from Susan's recipe. Cooking time is chilling time.
- Dump raspberries, wine and cinnamon into a large saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat & simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water (I use a pint jar with a cover & shake the daylights out of it!); gradually stir into simmering "soup".
- Cook until thickened, remove from heat; cover pan and chill.
- When cold, press "soup" through a cheese-cloth/colander sieve (I clip the cheesecloth with clothespins to the edge of the colander).
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to press and remove seeds.
- To serve: scoop 1/2 cup of ice cream into a serving bowl, spoon one-fourth of the "soup" over the frozen confection.