Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious muffin recipe from my best friend. We are very much into organic and natural foods so we use all organic ingredients in this recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In larger bowl beat sugar, butter, and eggs until light.
- Add pumpkin, beat again.
- Swiftly add dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Makes 8 regular size muffins.
Yummy! My kids couldn't wait to eat them! They are so light and fluffy. I changed the recipe a bit and used whole wheat flour and wheat germ instead. Still taste really yummy that way and you get the extra fiber!
This recipe was easy and came out great, even with all of my modifications for lowering fat. I exchanged the butter for an equivalent amount of applesauce, used brown sugar instead of white sugar, and replaced the egg with a tablespoon of apple butter. With these changes, I had to cook the muffins about 10 minutes longer, but they turned out awesome!