1/5 Photos of Susan's Italian Roasted Red Peppers
This is a delicious side dish that we serve on holiday's as part of our Italian antipasto platter. The red peppers and the "sauce" they're in make EXCELLENT dipping with fresh italian bread and are the highlight of our holidays. I've even started making these to add on fresh grilled veggie sandwiches and I'll often make it to go in any recipe that calls for roasted red peppers since they put the jarred stuff to shame!! Add as little or as much garlic as you want at the end...I use a LOT! These are served at room temperature but sit nicely in the refrigerator if there are leftovers. Ensure to let the peppers sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving if you refrigerate to allow the thick surface oil layer to come to room temperature. Be sure to let the garlic, oil, parsley and peppers marinate for a while before serving to get the full flavor. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2Wash WHOLE red bell peppers and lightly rub a tiny bit of olive oil to the skin on all side.
- 3Lay them side by side on baking sheet in two rows.
- 4Place in the over on broil and broil them until the skin blackens quite a bit. (about 9-12 minutes per side).
- 5As one side darkens, take them out and continue to roast all sides until the peppers are evenly charred.
- 6Place in a bowl or baking dish and cover in saran wrap to let them "steam" for 20 minutes (This will help to release the charred skin and maintain the sweet inner flesh).
- 7Pull the tops off the peppers and be sure to save any release pepper juices in the dish you plan to place them. Remove all the charred flesh by tugging on it (should come off in sheets if steamed enough).
- 8Removed seeds and rinse lightly under water, if necessary, to get all seeds out.
- 9Place in bowl and add the olive oil, garlic and parsley. Mix well and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Susan's Italian Roasted Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.5
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g