Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is part of the June 2002 Ready Set Cook Contest. After I made this up I showed the recipe to my friend Susan and she said she would eat if if I would make it. 'Nuff said.
- 1 lb dried ramen noodles (throw away the seasoning packet if it comes with one)
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 3 scallions, white and green parts
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- Soak the ramen noodles in hot water until al dente.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thumbnail size cubes.
- Saute in olive oil until browned.
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms and scallions.
- Shred the cilantro.
- Mix the chicken, mushrooms, scallions and cilantro with the ramen noodles.
- In a pot or in a microwave safe bowl, mix the peanut butter, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, salt and pepper and the minced ginger.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little water until it's as thin as you like it.
- Heat to boiling, and remove from heat.
- Toss with the chicken/veggie/ramen noodle mixture.
- Chill for two hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve and impress guests.
mmmm!! sounds so good and easy. my kids will Love this one, Ginny L. Ross