Recipe by RedVinoGirl
Delicious appetizer that will be the first to go at every party!!! I have to be honest, this dish really does need to be prepared right before serving or the consistency isn't too appealing. I'd also tend to make this dish for an inside party rather than out in the heat due to the ingredients. That being said, your guests will lick the pan clean to get every last scrap!
- 1 (8 ounce) bag monterey jack cheese
- 8 scallions, chopped (I use a full bunch from the store)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped. (I use more because I love tomatoes)
- 3 avocados, skinned and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9x7 inch baking dish, layer the ingredients in the exact order listed above. Spread each ingredient so it spans the length of the pan.
- Drain some liquid out of your salsa if too liquidy. Spready evenly.
- Spread sour cream evenly as well.
- Serve immediately! (or chill for a VERY short time).
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips. WONDERFUL!