Recipe by Boyz 5
My sister sent me this recipe. Some years ago I had asked her if she still had the recipe for WACKY CAKE that she used to make when I was a little girl. She said that she didn't but then she came across this recipe that she had found in the local newspaper and because it was so similar, she decided to send it to me. This recipe was entered by Brenna Ekstand from Rosetown, Sask. into a recipe contest sponsored by Fry's Cocoa. She found it in her grandmother's handwritten collection.
Top Review by Pamueller
Easy recipe for me and my 5 year old to do together. I did use a 9x13 pan as the amount of batter was more than would fit in a 9-inch square. A quick, fun, and easy recipe with a firmer texture than a standard cake recipe.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a fork, blend flour with sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Using the tail end of the fork or wooden spoon, make three wells in the dry ingredients.
- Pour oil in one hole, vinegar in another and vanilla in the third.
- Pour cold water over top and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan and bake on center rack at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until springy when lightly touched in the center.